HOW TO PLAY
- The person whose turn it is to roll the dice is the "shooter." The results of the shooter's rolls will determine the outcome for all Players, who bet either with him or against him.
- On the shooter's first roll, or "come-out," Players wager by placing chips on either the PASS line or DON'T PASS bar.
- By betting on the PASS line, you're wagering that the shooter will win. If you bet on the DON'T PASS bar, you're betting the shooter will lose.
- If the shooter rolls a 7 or 11 on the first throw, PASS LINE bets win. If a 2, 3, or 12 is thrown, PASS LINE bets lose. This is called "craps."
- Conversely, if the shooter throws a 2 or 3, DON'T PASS wagers win. If a 7 or 11 is thrown, DON'T PASS bets lose. If a 12 is thrown, it is a "push" and no one wins.
- If a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 is rolled, that number becomes the "point," and is marked on the betting layout with a puck, and the shooter must now try to "make the point" - in other words, re-roll the point number to win.
- If he rolls this point again before rolling a 7, bets on the PASS LINE win, while DON'T PASS bets lose. This is called a "pass" and the shooter starts over with a brand new roll.
- A roll of 7 after the point has been established completes the shooter's turn and PASS LINE bets lose, while DON'T PASS bets win.
- DON'T PASS bets may be removed at any time.
OTHER TYPES OF BETS YOU CAN MAKE
PLACE BET: A bet that the shooter will roll a specific number - either a 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 - before he throws a 7. Payouts: Numbers 4 and 10 pay 9 to 5; 5 and 9 pay 7 to 5; 6 and 8 pay 7 to 6.
ONE ROLL BET: Bets placed on the "Any Craps" section of the layout (which covers numbers 2, 3 and 12) pay 7 to 1. Bets placed on numbers 3 or 11 pay 15 to 1; on 2 or 12 pay 30 to 1; any 7 pays 4 to 1.
HARDWAYS: You're wagering the shooter will throw a specific number - 4, 6, 8 or 10 - the "hardway", (that is, by rolling a pair of 2's, 3's, 4's, or 5's) before he rolls any other combination that totals this number, or before he rolls a 7. Hardway 6 and 8 pay 9 to 1; 4 and 10 pay 7 to 1.
FIELD BET: To bet that a 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12 is rolled next, place your bet on the "Field". This bet is on a single roll. If any of the above numbers is thrown - except a 2 or a 12 - you win even money. 2 and 12 pay double.