Reopening UpdatesAll the information you need about the reopening of Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races. We will continue to add information as it becomes available, please check back often.
statement by scott saunders, vice president & general manager, on the reopening of hollywood casino at charles town races
- The installation of floor decals and signage to strictly enforce social distancing guidelines in areas where lines typically form.
- Slot machines will be configured to meet social distancing requirements.
- Table Games will have a maximum occupancy based on type of game; masks are required to play table games. There will be limited types of games available.
- Live music, entertainment, convention, and banquet services will remain suspended.
- The Inn at Charles Town has reopened.
- There will be no large drawings, tournaments, or special events.
- Restaurant offerings will be limited. Currently, Joe and Dough and The Classic are open and providing limited menu items such as pre-packaged sandwiches, drinks, snack, burgers, fries and chicken. Zen Noodle and Skybox are open Thursdays through Sundays.
- The H Lounge is temporarily closed for entertainment.
- The Poker Room and Valet are temporarily closed.
- The Sportsbook is now open daily.
Health & Safety
- Team members and vendors are required to wear masks and undergo a health screening each day, including temperature checks, prior to their shift.
- Based on the Executive Order by Gov. Jim Justice, and in order to help reduce the spread of COVID – 19, Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races will be requiring all persons in public areas to wear a mask covering the face and nose.
- Slot machines will be thoroughly and regularly cleaned throughout the day. We have implemented similar protocols for table games.
- Sanitizer stations have been installed on the casino floor and are readily available throughout the facility.
- We deploy a fog machine to disinfect and sanitize every night.
- Smoking, including vaping and e-cigarette use, is allowed in designated areas in the casino. Masks can be removed to smoke but must be worn over nose and mouth when not smoking.
What are your hours of operations?
The Casino will be open from 8 a.m. – 4 a.m. each day. We will close from 4 a.m. – 8 a.m. to sanitize and disinfect the facility. Entrance into the casino will end at 3:30 a.m.
How do I enter the casino?
Traffic to the casino will enter from Rt-340 and from 5th Avenue onto Hollywood Boulevard and will be directed to the East Garage.
What if I have an oversized vehicle that does not fit in the parking garage?
Please park across from the casino in the lot on Finish Line Avenue and enter through the East Garage entrance.
How can I find the wait times to enter the casino?
Wait times will vary based on time of day and day of week. Currently, we have no wait times during the weekdays and very little wait times on the weekends. We cannot provide updates on wait times in real time.
Will we honor expired driver’s licenses and ID’s because of closed DMV’s?
Expired Drivers Licenses will be accepted if the expired date is February 1, 2020 to current. This is subject to change based on DMV requirements
Will my temperature be taken before I enter the casino?
Do I need to wear a mask to enter?
Yes, masks are required per the Governor’s Executive order. Mask must cover the nose and mouth.
Is smoking allowed?
Yes, smoking will be permitted in designated sections on the casino floor; however, there will be no smoking permitted at Table Games. We have added an additional non-smoking area near the Eatery and in the Event Center. Masks are still mandatory.
What dining outlets and bars are open?
Currently Joe and Dough, The Classic, and Zen are open with limited menu options and hours. Social distancing protocols will be observed in the ordering and dining spaces. The Skybox Sports Bar has reopened. The Charles Town Drafthouse and H Lounge Bar are open for complimentary soda, water and coffee as well as the ability to purchase alcohol. Beverage service on the floor will be limited.
What Table Games are available?
Currently we are offering Blackjack, Mini-Bacc, Spanish 21, Rapid Roulette, 3 Card Poker*, 4 Card Poker*, Let it Ride* and Craps. Craps has limited positions available and reservations are taken at the table. Minimums vary by day and game type. Masks are required to play table games. * Cards are dealt face up.
Is the Poker Room open?
No. Per the reopening guidance from the State of West Virginia, we are only to allow table games where the cards are not touched by the guests, therefore the poker room is not authorized to operate at this time.
When will spectators be permitted to watch Horse Racing?
The first-floor grandstand has reopened for live racing and simulcasting operations. Spectators can now watch live horse racing. Live racing will continue to be held at Charles Town on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings with a first race post time of 7 p.m. At this time, all guests must access the property through the East Garage entrance, therefore all guests must be 21 or over to access racing.
Is the Sportsbook open?
Yes. The Sportsbook is now open daily. The self-betting kiosks are open from 8 a.m. – 4 a.m. every day.
Can I still get a hotel room?
The Inn at Charles Town has reopened with a limited capacity
Will the Shuttle Bus be running?
The shuttle bus will run hourly from The Inn at Charles Town to the Bus Entrance.
Shuttle Bus Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 12:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday – Sunday: 8:30 a.m. – 4 a.m.
The shuttle will not make stops at any other local hotels at this time. The shuttle will be disinfected after each trip. Masks are not required but strongly encouraged.
Will there be concerts and live entertainment?
Currently, there will be no live entertainment at the H Lounge. Tickets for concerts that have been postponed or rescheduled are valid for the new date or you may contact Ticketmaster for a refund. Updates on future Event Center entertainment can be found on our website under the entertainment tab.
Can I still get self-serve drinks?
No. Self-serve drinks will not be available. Drinks may be purchased from the open dining outlets, bars, or beverage servers. Complimentary water, soda and coffee will be available from cocktail servers and at the bar locations.
Will there still be complimentary drink service on the casino floor?
No. Complimentary drink service will only be available for Elite and Owners Club tier level guests at this time. Alcohol may be purchased from cocktail servers or at the H Lounge and Charles Town Draft House.
Will my mychoice card, mycash, or tier level be expired when I come back?
No. Your mychoice card and mycash will both be valid. Your tier level will be the same as before we were ordered to close on March 16, 2020. Though your mychoice card may show an expiration date of 3/31/2020 you DO NOT need to get a new card printed, it will still work just as it did prior to the closure.